COVID-19: Preventative Measures
April 2021 Update:
In keeping with the safety protocols set out within Ontario First Aid CPR is classified as an ESSENTIAL SERVICE and we continue to provide training under the required Provincial Regulations.
Traditionally we have provided both on-site training and public courses. Due to COVID-19, we are unable to provide public courses at this time. Our on-site training team continues to operate within Southern Ontario. We come to your location to facilitate courses. Online and Blended Learning courses are always available.
Red Cross Certificates that expire after March 1st, 2020, are still considered VALID to satisfy WSIB Requirements until December 31st, 2021. Please note that the Red Cross WILL NOT RECERTIFY any certificates that have expired before March 31st, 2021 (certificates remain valid with WSIB until the end of December 2021). As of April 1st, 2021 ANY EXPIRED RED CROSS CERTIFICATE WILL REQUIRE A NEW CERTIFICATION.
We continuously monitor this situation and provide more information as restrictions and COVID-19 protocols evolve. Full details on WSIB requirements for First Aid Training can be found on the WSIB website (https://www.wsib.ca/en/firstaid) Further information can be found here (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/symptoms.html), as released by the Canadian Government.
If you or your organization requires Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplies to prepare for their return to work please contact us or visit our store. We have access to thousands of products and can drop ship to your location.
Additional Measures We’ve Adopted:
- Participant screening will consist of questions related to COVID-19 along with a non-contact temperature check. Temperature must not exceed 37.8oC to attend the course.
- All staff and facilitators wear masks to ensure workplace protocols, safety, and protection. We ask for your cooperation in wearing a mask that covers your mouth and nose upon arrival to protect our team and fellow participants. If you do not have a mask, one will be made available to you. A mask is REQUIRED for all in-class courses.
- We have reduced class sizes according to applicable regulations and best practices.
- Maintaining a 1-to-1 ratio for participant-to-equipment (no need to share equipment, books, or course materials).
- Waiving our rescheduling fees for organizations that may need to temporarily close due to COVID-19 or need to limit visitors (i.e. the instructor) and/or for those who may feel ill before a scheduled course.
- Informing our instructors and participants about the latest and best hygiene practices.
What can you do while attending training?
- Maintain a positive attitude. We understand that these are unprecedented times but first aid training, safety, and prevention are essential skills in both your personal and professional work life. There are many things we can do to stay positive and encourage one another while maintaining a social distance.
- Limit personal contact with others.
- Follow COVID-19 and workplace protocols.
- Utilize the sanitary products provided as needed (wipe down your chair/desk, use hand sanitizer, etc.).
- Bring a water bottle, notebook and pen.
- Wash your hands and sanitize often.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, mouth, and eyes.
- If you are not feeling well for any reason, or have respiratory symptoms similar to the flu such as a cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, stay at home and follow public health protocol. Give us a call to reschedule your booking.
Again, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide updates as needed. We also encourage everyone to keep informed and up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
Updated: April 2021